Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Aquarion EVOL (アクエリオンＥＶＯＬ; akuerion evoru) is a 2011 Japanese anime television series. It is a sequel to Genesis of Aquarion and premiered on TV Tokyo on January 8, 2012, as an hour-long special that combined the first two episodes in a single broadcast. A sequel, Aquarion LOGOS, started airing in July 2015 along with an OVA featuring a crossover with Genesis of Aquarion.
Twelve thousand years after the events of Genesis of Aquarion, mankind living on the planet Vega (ヴェーガ Vēga?) is threatened by a new enemy from the planet Altair (アルテア界 Arutea Kai?) whose female population was wiped out by a mysterious disease. The Altians using their "Abductors", just like the Shadow Angels, invade the cities in Vega to kidnap its inhabitants looking for females strong enough to survive the inter-dimensional travel back to Altair to ensure the preservation of their race.
To defend against the invasion, the Neo-DEAVA (ネオ・ディーバ Neo Dība?) organization establishes two teams, one composed of only males and other of only females, each one piloting their own giant machines called "Aquaria". To protect his new friend Mikono, teenager Amata Sora makes use of the power he has kept in secret his entire life and by combining Vectors with male and female pilots into one single robot; the legendary Aquarion is reborn once more.
- Original Creator: Shoji Kawamori, satellite
- General Director: Shoji Kawamori
- Director: Yusuke Yamamoto
- Series Composition: Mari Okada
- Original Character Design: Chinatsu Kurahana, Kana Ishida
- Character Design: Kana Ishida, Hiroki Marufuji
- Thema Song Composition: Yoko Kanno
- "Kimi no Shinwa ~ Aquarion Dai 2 Shou" (君の神話～アクエリオン第二章 Kimi no Shinwa ~ Akuerion Dai Ni Shō, "Your Legend ~ Aquarion Chapter 2") by AKINO with bless4
- "Paradoxical ZOO" (パラドキシカルZOO) by AKINO with bless4 (ep. 16-)
- "Gekkō Symphonia" (月光シンフォニア Gekkō Shinfonia, "Moonlight Symphonia") by AKINO & AIKI of bless4
- "Yunoha no Mori" (ユノハノモリ, "Yunoha's Forest") by Yui Ogura as Yunoha Suroor (ep. 15-)
As with the original series, Yoko Kanno composed the theme music and soundtracks. Gabriela Robin wrote the lyrics to both of the theme songs.
- "Eve no Danpen" (イヴの断片 Ivu no Danpen, "Fragment of the Eve") by AKINO from bless4 (ep. 4, 6, & 11)
- "Omna Magni" (オムナ マグニ, "I Can Fly") by Yui Makino (ep.7)
- "Go Tight!" by AKINO from bless4 (ep. 8)
- "Pride ~Nageki no Tabi" (プライド〜嘆きの旅 Puraido ~ Nageki no Tabi, "Pride, A Journey of Grief") by AKINO from bless4 (ep. 10)
- "Aquaria Mau Sora" (アクエリア舞う空 Akueria Mau Sora, "Aquaria Dancing in the Sky) by The Member of LSOT (ep. 12)
- "Kōya no Heath" (荒野のヒース Kōya no Hīsu, "Heath of the Wastelands") by AKINO from bless4 (ep. 13)
- "Genesis of Aquarion" By AKINO, with English lyrics by Bless4 (ep. 14)
- The series is set 24,000 years from when the Shadow Angels fought in Genesis of Aquarion.
- Official website
- Official website on TV Tokyo
- Aquarion Evol (anime) at Anime News Network's Encyclopedia